T&R Contracting is locally owned and operated by the Atkinson Family who have extensive experience as gravel pit operators, ready-mix concrete suppliers and the manufacturing of precast concrete products.
History in Powell River
T&R Contracting has a long-standing relationship with the community of Powell River and qathet. As the new owners we value the commitment the company has in building relationships with our staff, clients, vendors, and community. With the recent purchase we are working hard to bring the best of all the companies together – T&R, Hyland and Coast Hydrovac. Together is better, where we can share knowledge, resources and expertise – giving back more to all our stakeholders.
Trucks & Rocks
Going forward, it is time to see a brand transformation that reflects the values of T&R, our core business strategy, and the place it sits with sister companies. Keeping with the history of Ted & Robert – who originally started the company – coupled with our future vision, we are transforming to what our company stands for today, plain and simple: Trucks & Rocks.
You will see that the new logo symbol is a combination of the history of T&R, coupled with a synergy of our other companies, Hyland Precast and Coast Hydrovac.
Our company colours are analogous to what we do daily: grey – for the solid of the earth (aggregate is innately grey!) and various tints of burgundy. In the world of color, burgundy is a mash up of red with a dash of green and blue. Burgundy reflects energy, strength, determination, and being grounded. A perfect choice to represent our companies and their values.
The success of T&R extends well beyond trucks and rocks. We are committed to growing the business, contributing to the livelihoods of staff and partners, and providing a service to the industry in line with our values: fair pricing, quality MMCD certified manufactured products, teamwork, and contributing to the ecosystem of our community of the sunshine coast and the surrounding area.
- T&R is committed to producing quality construction aggregates and stocking high end garden mediums sourced within British Columbia. We know how important quality materials are to any job so our focus is on making our products consistent so our customers can count on us.
- Daily consideration is taken in all areas of our operations to be environmentally responsible. Within our work environment we pride ourselves on safety first.
- As owners, we are proud of the community we do business in and are committed to supporting our community in meaningful ways.
We are proud to be a SAFE certified company and offer a full Occupational Health and Safety program for our staff. The BC forest sector developed SAFE Companies (Safety Accord Forestry Enterprises) as a pre-qualification safety initiative. We are also COR certified through WorksafeBC.
Our group of companies supports many organizations in Powell River and the Comox Valley including:
- Powell River Chamber of Commerce
- Cumberland Community Schools Society
- Junior Curling – Team Richards
- Powell River Sports Hall of Fame
- Powell River Food Bank
- Salmon Habitat Rehabilitation
T&R Contracting operates out of three different locations to bring customers a wide range of products and services. Our offices and public product yard are at 4240 Padgett Road in Powell River. We also operate the West Lake Quarry and Block Bay, though these are not open to the public.
Through our two affiliates – Hyland Precast & Coast Hydrovac – we can offer a broad range of services from Hydrovac, to precast products, and Redi-Rock®.